I haven’t been this excited about a new toy since I got one of those little cars with a motor in it for Christmas when I was 8. Last week, we placed an order for the Big Poppa of all brewing systems – SABCO’s Brew Magic.
There are so many incredible features of this system that will give us greater consistency and predictability to our brewing:
- Ability to recirculate the mash through an electronic heat exchanger.
- Pump = no lifting. Good for Joel’s arthritis.
- Sight tubes means I can calculate an accurate boil loss. Not that anyone other than me will care.
- Touchscreen electronic controls with the ability to track time and temperature, call out hop additions and transfers, and even recreate a previous session.
- All stainless steel tubing and kettles with tri-clamp fittings.
This beauty should be arriving in late July or early August. In the meantime, expect more doting, drooling and anticipation.