On April 16, craft beer lovers nationwide will be gathering in movie theaters to watch Beer Wars. What, you may ask, is Beer Wars? According to the press release:
Live from Los Angeles, an evening dedicated to celebrating the world of craft beer and the American entrepreneurial spirit.
With over 95 million beer drinkers, beer is an American icon and is interwoven into our culture, yet the real story of these independent brewers has never been told. Beer Wars introduces the who’s who in beer while following the journey of small, independent brewers who are challenging the corporate behemoths. The evening will feature the world premiere of the groundbreaking documentary Beer Wars, followed by a spirited LIVE discussion with brewers and experts from the film. Using clips and never before seen footage to spice things up, this inspirational event will cap a movement 25 years in the making at a time when everyone is looking for proof that the American Dream is alive and well.
- Sam Calagione ? Dogfish Head Craft Brewery founder
- Rhonda Kallman ? Founder of New Century Brewing Company and co-founder of Boston Beer Company (Sam Adams)
- Greg Koch ? Stone Brewing Company founder
- Charlie Papazian ? Brewers Association president
- Maureen Ogle ? Beer historian and author of “Ambitious Brew: The Story of American Beer”
- Todd Alstrom ? Beer Advocate founder
Playing in 440 movie theatres nationwide on Thursday, April 16th, Beer Wars LIVE will begin a conversation about the future of beer in America.
Purchase tickets for the LIVE event on April 16th at 8pm ET/7pm CT/6pm MT/8pm PT (tape delayed) here.
There are some heavy hitters in this movie, so it could be very interesting. Beer Wars is playing at many Atlanta-area locations, including Perimeter Pointe 10, Regal Hollywood 24 and North Point 8. Tickets are $15, which does not include craft beer, apparently.