We are seeking a Director of Hospitality to join our growing, fun-loving team. This his a high-level, strategic position, reporting directly to the CEO. The Director of Hospitality will manage all facets of our two taprooms, including environment, customer experience, staffing, food solutions.
(NOTE: you will need to attach your cover letter as part of your resume)
- 5+ years of experience managing restaurant/bar/taproom/hotel or other hospitality-related business
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong analytical skills using internal and external data sources
- Outstanding organizational skills and an ability to set and handle multiple priorities
- Highly energetic and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Ability to develop strategic priorities and translate them to operational, tactical goals
- Collaborative approach within and across departments in the company
- Highly ethical and aligned with our team’s core values
- Grow overall taproom revenue and profits by developing and implementing forward-thinking, differentiated taproom strategies
- Manage all systems, budget and P&L for all public taprooms, including locations, beer launches, food solutions, and merchandise sales
- Build, inspire and effectively lead a diverse team that reflects the marketplace and lives out our core values
- Deliver consistent, welcoming and exceptional customer service and education to all guests
- Be a major contributor and leader across the organization
- Develop and deliver an annual taproom business plan and goals based on company goals
- Manage and report out on taproom budgets and financials
- Identify and implement potential process or customer-centric taproom improvements
- Attend professional workshops, conferences, and trade organization gatherings to establish network and build knowledge
- Future property layout and planning as needed
- Merchandise and to-go sales planning and execution
- Be the voice of the taproom and taproom consumer as part of Senior Leadership Team
- Build a world-class taproom team, including interviewing, hiring, managing, training, scheduling, and developing staff
- Establish volume / KPI targets for each assigned direct report and appropriately manage the execution of these weekly/monthly KPI’s. This includes, but is not limited to, feedback/coaching, corrective counseling, and performance reviews.
- Develop ongoing training programs and opportunities for career advancement for all levels of taproom staff
- Prepare and present department updates at regular management meetings, including monthly P&L updates. Accurately report taproom-related expenses by location for monthly budget preparation.
- Advise management on beer feedback, potential opportunities in our product portfolio and general reception to our products
- Partner with sales, production, and marketing departments on beer launches, including timing, marketing, and rollout
- Identify and implement cost-saving measures including sustainability-related initiatives, optimized staffing needs, reduced shrinkage, etc.
- Ensure consumption and sales in taprooms is tracked accurately and in timely manner in systems of record (currently Ekos and Square)
- Coordinate logistics and reporting of all product transfer activity between taproom locations
- Maintain POS system (currently Square) and report accurate financial data to accounting department
- Coordinate ongoing maintenance to taprooms (with assistance from Director of Internal Operations and Maintenance Dept), including cleaning, emergency plumbing, electrical, and HVAC repairs, and periodic updates to furniture, décor, and equipment
- Ensure all merchandise is ordered, inventoried, stocked, and shipped appropriately
- Develop and implement a consistent food program for all locations
- Partner with marketing and sales department on taproom beer releases and entertaining retail and distributor partners in taproom
- Work with other departments on all programming taking place in taproom, including anniversary party, prom, special events and one-off ideas, filming, etc.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- PTO days and company holidays
- Health and dental insurance
- Cell phone plan
- Weekly beer allotment
Optional, but not required
- Fan of early Kanye West, before he got weird
- Retro video gamer
Please include your philosophy on hospitality and why you would like to join our team in your cover letter. We do read cover letters, and resumes submitted without one will not be considered. The selected candidate will be required to pass a background check as a condition of employment.
Monday Night Brewing is a craft beer company founded in 2011 based in Atlanta, GA. Our purpose embodies all that we do: “To deepen human relationships over some of the best beers in the country.” We brew balanced, flavorful beers for weeknight consumption and believe in making the best out of each day. Even weekdays. Read more about us at http://mondaynightbrewing.com/.