Events and Marketing Intern
Monday Night Brewing is looking for a self-starter with an eye for detail and first-rate written and verbal communication skills to support our events and marketing department. Reporting to the Experiential Marketing & Events Coordinator, the Marketing & Events intern will assist with all event planning and marketing pertaining to internal events, ranging from intimate B2B events to our annual two-day anniversary party.
- Support the Experiential Marketing & Events Coordinator and Marketing team on all sponsored and internal events.
- Assist with event planning, day-of execution, and post-event reporting to create positive interactions with the Monday Night brand.
- Assist with budget development to maximize revenue and optimize event growth.
- Help with creative development of new event concepts that foster relationships, good beer, and bringing people together.
- Assist with post-event follow up including surveys, feedback reports and final audits.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and community partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate on graphic design strategy for events; develop marketing collateral in Canva.
- Assist with copywriting for blog posts, social media, and website, with a focus on maintaining brand voice and increasing audience engagement.
- Participate in grassroots marketing to promote events.
- Identify emerging industry trends in graphic design/social media.
- Assist in the development and execution of influencer marketing strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Rising Junior, Senior, or recent graduate. Must be working toward or hold a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Event/Hospitality, Public Relations or Business.
- Must possess strong interest in experiential/brand marketing and craft beer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, customer service, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, combined with flexibility to respond to immediate needs.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and work independently when necessary.
- Fluent in computer applications including Google Docs, Google Drive and Microsoft Excel. Experience with Canva and PowerPoint preferred—Adobe Creative Suite experience is a plus.
The Nitty Gritty
- Must be 21 or older with valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- This is a full-time internship, requiring a minimum of 35 hours per week. Must have flexible availability and be willing to work weekends, nights and holidays as necessary.
- Internship standard workweek is Tuesday-Saturday. Some Sunday/Monday work required based on events.
- Physical Demands: Requires ability to work long periods of time on foot. Some extended hours, including nights and weekends, are required. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Weekly stipend provided.
At Monday Night Brewing, we brew balanced, flavorful beers for weeknight consumption and believe in making the best out of each day. Even weekdays. Read more about us on this website (duh).
Please email resume with cover letter to careers [at] mondaynightbrewing [dot] com. Cover letter should include why you would like to join our team, why weekends are overrated, and why you are the ideal candidate. Seriously, we read cover letters. Deadline: April 3, 2019.
Term: June 11 – Aug. 16 (flexible)
Application closes: April 3