We are seeking a hands-on, organized leader to oversee our Packaging and Logistics team. The Packaging and Logistics Manager will be responsible for all aspects of packaging, finished goods and packaging materials inventory, and shipment of beer to our wholesalers and two taprooms. This position will be based in our primary production facility in Atlanta, GA and report directly to the VP of Operations. Generous benefits and relocation package (if applicable) available.
Apply here. But you really should read the whole job description first (hint, hint)
Monday Night Brewing is an Atlanta-based brewery that began contract brewing in 2010 and full brewing operations out of our facility in West Midtown in 2012. Since then we’ve grown to almost 20K annual barrels of production. In the fall of 2017 we opened the Garage – our barrel-aging and sour beer facility which has won multiple awards for the beer and created a must-see destination for people in Atlanta. We’ve consistently been one of the top-rated breweries in our city, were recently voted best brewery in Atlanta, and have won the most major awards (GABF and World Beer Cup) of any brewery in Georgia over the last four years. We filter our decisions through our purpose statement: Monday Night Brewing exists to deepen human relationships over some of the best beer in the country.
- Participate in weekly sensory meeting
- Build daily production schedules for packaging and warehouse in coordination with brew / cellar leadership
- Schedule of part-time and full-time Packaging and Logistics personnel
- Manage all Packaging and Logistics team members and hold them accountable for the efficient and high-quality completion of scheduled activities
- Meet regularly with full-time Packaging and Logistics team members to solicit and provide feedback and provide coaching
- Develop and manage effective communication channels with production team to relay goals, priorities, progress and scheduled activities, to include making timely adjustments to Brewery Schedule Packaging sections.
- Alert all impacted departments to changes in packaging timelines on a real-time basis.
- Procure component packaging materials for use in production, maintaining a “right-sized” inventory based on run rate and lead time.
- Manage inventory of all packaging materials and finished goods at all MNB locations, to include accuracy and efficient utilization of physical spaces.
- Achieve, communicate, and improve upon budgeted Packaging and Logistics department metrics and KPI’s.
- Ensure timely delivery of beer to required distributors and our own (GA) Taprooms while utilizing resources efficiently.
- Responsible for regular maintenance and operation of all Packaging and Logistics equipment (can line, conveyance, depallitizer, Lease truck, keg filler, keg washer, cooler).
- Maintaining contact with leasing company and getting truck in for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Ensuring that cooler is operating at proper efficiency and maintenance issues are communicated to Maintenance team where appropriate.
- Oversee Maintenance schedule for can line and keg lines.
- Ensure that brite beer meets all QA/QC metrics before it is packaged (PCR, taste approval, etc.).
- Maintain inventory and integrity of specialty beers available for TR consumption.
- Manage MNB keg fleet, to include inventory management, maintenance, and repair (order stems, arrange for repair, advise on purchases, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of Packaging and Logistics workflow areas.
- Minimum one year experience in beverage packaging.
- Two to three years experience managing a team of five or larger.
- Must pass background check.
- This position is extremely physical and demanding in nature and involves working with potentially dangerous equipment, machinery, exposure to high noise levels, and handling of hazardous materials
- Stands and/or traverses brewery for long periods of time
- Frequently climbs stairs/staircase
- Frequently bends, moves, transports, or lifts 60 pounds and move 165 pounds safely.
- Use repetitive motions
- Can work in both hot and cold temperatures
Monday Night Brewing is a craft beer company founded in 2011 based in Atlanta, GA. We exist to deepen human relationships over some of the best beers in the country. Our purpose as a brewery sums up the fundamental reason that we exist. It guides all of our decision-making and provides a lens through which to evaluate our options as a business. We strive to brew the most exceptional craft beers in the industry, both in terms of quality and consistency. Read more about us at http://mondaynightbrewing.com/.
Cover letter should include why you would like to join our team and why you are the ideal candidate. Warning: we do read cover letters.
NOTE: Please combine the cover letter with your resume.