It’s no surprise that we love beer. If it IS a surprise, you clearly have trouble drawing reasonable conclusions from what you have read. But why do we love beer? Our reasons are varied, and we’d love to hear yours. Here are some of my top reasons, in no particular order:
- Beer is alive. The element of live yeast makes it so dern interesting.
- Beer is broad. The differences between a light lager and a Russian Imperial Stout are astounding. And yet both are beer. Though notice I didn’t capitalize light lager.
- Beer spans generational, economic, and cultural constructs. Much like Waffle House, those who enjoy beer come from all walks of life. It is a true commonality in a world of differences.
- Beer is calming. There is nothing better than winding down with a quality beer (especially a Monday Night beer) at the end of a long day.
- Beer brings people together. Beer provides that little bit of a reason needed to hang out with those we love. “Hey Bob, want to grab a beer sometime?” Or “Hey Justin Timberlake, want to grab a beer sometime?” I like to pretend I’m friends with Justin Timberlake.
Yep. I think I’m going to end that one on Justin Timberlake. So what are YOUR reasons for loving beer?
Image source: the bbp