UPDATE: No longer accepting applications
Monday Night Brewing (Atlanta, GA) is seeking a tasting room manager to join our small team and oversee both public and private events in our tasting room. This is a part-time position with the goal of converting to full-time after a trial period, but we are willing to negotiate a full-time position with prior event planning experience.
You will be responsible for all aspects of running our tasting room, including staffing and managing volunteers, and selling, booking and coordinating private events.
- Must love people. And craft beer. Not necessarily in that order.
- Must be a strong leader
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have prior experience in event planning
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends (but not necessarily all mornings – we aren’t cruel)
- Must have a willingness and ability to step in wherever needed – this could include bartending, cleaning toilets, etc.
- Must be able to occasionally move/shift kegs
- Staffing and scheduling volunteers for tasting room and guided brewery tours
- Training tasting room volunteers and staff to exude the Monday Night brand
- Politely but firmly enforcing tasting room and brewery rules and regulations
- Ensuring that tasting room and grounds, including parking lot, are properly cleaned before and after each event
- Soliciting private events in tasting room outside of normal tour hours
- Administrating private events – giving preview tours, negotiating contracts, managing tasting room schedule
- Managing key caterer and non-profit relationships
- Understanding and abiding by federal, state, and local regulations
- Occasional promotion of products outside of the brewery at festivals and other beer events
Optional, but not required:
- Past experience managing bar
- Lover of bluegrass music
- Competitive compensation. Base salary based on experience plus potential commission / bonus for private events
- Health care offered with jump to full-time position
- Vacation/Personal time offered with jump to full-time position
Monday Night Brewing is a craft beer company founded in 2011 based in Atlanta, GA. Our slogan, “weekends are overrated,” embodies all that we do. We brew balanced, flavorful beers for weeknight consumption and believe in making the best out of each day. Even weekdays. Read more about us at http://mondaynightbrewing.com/.
Please email resume with cover letter and salary history to careers [AT] mondaynightbrewing.com. Cover letter should include why you would like to join our team, why weekends are overrated, and why you are the ideal candidate. Seriously, we read cover letters. And we’re really good at spelling.
We will not be able to respond individually to each resume, unfortunately.