Monday Night Brewing (Atlanta, GA) is seeking a lab tech intern to join our incredibly good-looking team. This is an unpaid internship, however class credit is offered where applicable and stipend is available for full-time interns.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be 21+
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in biology, microbiology or food technology is preferred
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel is required
- Previous brewing, food or industrial laboratory experience is desirable but not necessary
- Knowledge of and experience with aseptic techniques is desirable
- Ability to work independently but also build solid working relationships with members of other operating departments
- Microbiological testing of in-process fermentation and finished products such as cans and bottles using various selection media and aseptic technique
- Reporting and documentation of any suspected contamination and immediately notifying management
- Conveying yeast cell counts and viability to brewing in a timely manner
- Measurement of dissolved oxygen during the fermentation process and finished products
- Preparation of stock solutions and plating media
- Written weekly lab reports
Optional, but not required:
- Strong interpretive dancing skills
Monday Night Brewing is a craft beer company founded in 2011 based in Atlanta, GA. Our purpose embodies all that we do:
Monday Night Brewing exists to deepen human relationships over some of the best beer in the country.
We brew balanced, flavorful beers for weeknight consumption and believe in making the best out of each day. Even weekdays. Read more about us on this website (duh). Please email resume with cover letter and portfolio sample to careers [at] mondaynightbrewing [dot] com. Cover letter should include why you would like to join our team, why weekends are overrated, and why you are the ideal candidate. Seriously, we read cover letters. And we’re really good at spelling.