We’ve come to find that self-awareness and consideration of others are particularly crucial around the holidays. Especially if you’re searching for the perfect 6pk or bottle to bring to the holiday function.
We made a handy beer-drinking guide based on the Enneagram Institute‘s nine personality types*. Know your Enneagram, or interested in finding it out? Take the quiz here and then try the beer based on you (or your holiday host’s!) enneagram score. After you take the quiz, you can read more on your Enneagram score here.
1. The Reformer: “Principled, Purposeful, Self-Controlled, and Perfectionistic”
A reformer will enjoy Blind Pirate, our IPA for everywhere. At 7.4% ABV, our blood orange IPA is one of our core beers that we can confidently say has been perfected in its juicy, caramel, citrus flavor.
2. The Helper: “Caring, Interpersonal Type: Demonstrative, Generous, People-Pleasing, and Possessive”
A helper will find companionship in For My Friend, our blended strong ale made in memory of our Brewmaster Peter Kiley’s dog, Loki. This beer captures his kind, loyal, and wise essence.
3. The Achiever: “Success-Oriented, Pragmatic Type: Adaptive, Excelling, Driven, and Image-Conscious”
An achiever’s prized possession? Their accolades. Bourbon Barrel-Aged Drafty Kilt boasts a gold medal from the Great American Beer Fest. Every year upon its seasonal return, this smoky, toasty beer knocks it out of the park.
4. The Individualist: “Sensitive, Withdrawn Type: Expressive, Dramatic, Self-Absorbed, and Temperamental”
Death Raptor, our Killer IPA is the mascot beer for the individualist. Watch out for this juicy IPA in the wild.
5. The Investigator: “Intense, Cerebral Type: Perceptive, Innovative, Secretive, and Isolated”
Way out in the atmosphere, you can hardly see it, Space Lettuce is the appointed beer for the investigator. At 8.1% ABV, after a few of these, even non-investigators will feel called upon to question the meaning of the universe.
6. The Loyalist: “Committed, Security-Oriented Type: Engaging, Responsible, Anxious, and Suspicious”
A core beer, Dr. Robot is loyal to the Monday Night Brand. Licensed to practice in three states, our Blackberry Lemon sour is the brew of the loyalists.
7. The Enthusiast: “The Busy, Fun-Loving Type: Spontaneous, Versatile, Distractible, and Scattered”
Imaginary Grace is a blend of three seasons of 100% spontaneously fermented beer. This beer thinks it INVENTED spontaneity. Number 7’s quintessential beer.
8. The Challenger: “The Powerful, Dominating Type: Self-Confident, Decisive, Willful, and Confrontational”
Slap Fight will woo you in with a West Coast-style malt bill, but slaps you across the face with its tropical hop profile. Ready to physically prove that west is best, the challengers will find a loyal comrade in this beer.
9. The Peacemaker: “The Easygoing, Self-Effacing Type: Receptive, Reassuring, Agreeable, and Complacent”
At 4.4% ABV, Saint Monday, our light and crisp Helles Lager, appeals to everyone with its subtle spicy notes and bready finish. A peacemaker’s peacemaking beer.
We’re still in the process of developing a personality test to assess your drunk alter-ego (The Sentimentalist. Most Friendly Woman in the Restroom. The Interrupter…). We have our research cut out for us in the taprooms.
For now, we hope this list will help you in your beer shopping endeavors!
* “Type Descriptions.” The Nine Enneagram Type Descriptions, The Enneagram Institute, https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/type-descriptions.