Monday Night Brewing Garden Co. Announces Grand Opening Celebration
Award-winning craft brewery will open doors to its fifth taproom location on June 24, 2023
Monday Night Brewing, the award-winning craft brewery with locations in Atlanta, Birmingham and Nashville, announced today that its fifth taproom location across the Southeast will officially open to the public with a grand opening celebration on Saturday, June 24. Situated in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina’s bustling South End, Monday Night Brewing Garden Co. will offer a wide range of award-winning beers in addition to a full pizza kitchen and bar, offering specialty cocktails.
“This taproom has been such a fun project for our team, and we’re so excited to finally open the
doors to our friends and neighbors in Charlotte. While all of our taprooms embody the Monday Night mission to deliver connection, craftsmanship and creativity, we want to create a space that feels welcoming and authentic to South End,” said Rachel Kiley, Chief Operating Officer at Monday Night Brewing. “This opening comes as part of a larger expansion of Monday Night Brewing into North Carolina. We’re happy to join with Empire Distributors to begin providing our award-winning beer to the Charlotte market and beyond in conjunction with this opening.”
More details about Monday Night Garden Co. can be found below:
- Award-Winning Beer
- With multiple awards in various categories from a variety of elite beer competitions, Monday Night Brewing is currently the most decorated craft brewery in the Southeast. Garden Co. will have 20 taps featuring year-round favorites like Space Lettuce, Blind Pirate, Taco Tuesday, Slap Fight and Dr. Robot Berry Lemon sour, as well as limited edition beers and seasonal releases. Included at opening will be MangoSaurus, a tequila barrel-aged margarita-inspired sour; Astronomical Arugula, a Hazy Double IPA; Gasoline Dreams, a New Zealand-style Pale Ale; and Midnight Delight, a brownie-inspired strong ale. With production of more than 100 beers annually, new beers will be added nearly every week.
- Delicious Cocktails
- Monday Night Garden Co. will serve artisanal, wood-fired pizza cooked in authentic Italian-imported Neapolitan pizza ovens. In addition to grass-fed buffalo mozzarella imported from Buf Creamery (a small cheesemaker in Colombia, South America, located at the base of the Andes), and high-quality, locally-sourced ingredients such as honey from Bizzy Bee and mushrooms from K&W Farm, Monday Night uses a special sourdough blend for its dough containing wild yeast strains captured during the process of making spontaneous fermentation beers in Monday Night Brewing’s coolship.
- Housed in a converted mechanic’s shop and covering 8,000 square feet, Garden Co. sports soaring ceilings in the main taproom, a cozy lounge and an airy loft space with beautiful décor and plenty of lounge seating. With a lot of nearly one acre of grounds, Garden Co.’s outdoor space will feature lush landscaping, plentiful seating, fire pits and outdoor games, making it South End’s most inviting communal space.
- The interior tables are supplied by Lamon Luther, a Georgia-based furniture maker company with a mission to provide sustainable employment to those transitioning out of hardships like addiction, homelessness, imprisonment or displacement. The outdoor tables were crafted by North Carolina’s Kerf & Burled. Exterior signage was designed and installed by RP Designs.
- A hand-painted 50-by-12-foot outdoor mural by Thomas Turner, titled “Daisy Pusher.” The mural features three iconic Monday Night Brewing power animals: the eagle, the bear and the wolf, representing the co-founders Jeff Heck, Joel Iverson and Jonathan Baker, as well as incorporating themes of growth, decay and rebirth.
[THE GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION]
- Monday Night Garden Co. will officially open to the public with an all-day celebratory event on Saturday, June 24. In addition to a robust beer tap list of Monday Night brews, Sneaky Pete cocktails and Neapolitan pizza, grand opening party-goers can expect live music, a retail market featuring local vendors, food trucks, and various artists and performers, such as a live canvas painter and aerialists.
Providence Group Capital was the project’s developer. Carrie Frye Interior Design and REDLINE Design Group teamed up for space planning, architecture and design, and Doerre Construction served as the general contractor. LandDesign was the project’s landscape design partner.
The brewery is operated under a female-led management team, including Amanda Buckley and Lauren Cooper as the General Manager and Assistant General Manager, respectively. Buckley comes to Monday Night from Legion Brewing, bringing a wealth of experience in hospitality, mixology, and leadership training. A former Monday Night Brewing alum of the Atlanta taprooms, Cooper is a bonafide beer connoisseur who lives and breathes Monday Night’s core values, and has worked at breweries in the Charlotte area for the last several years.
Monday Night Garden Co. will be open Mondays from noon-midnight; Tuesday-Thursdays from noon to 11 p.m.; Fridays and Saturdays from noon to 2 a.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.